Custom Built Contractors Garage Building Service Review from Newark, New Jersey
I hired Reon Powdhar from Custom built contracting LLC in NJ also doing work and installations for HOME DEPOT for a renovation job in my garage. He seemed professional and was even willing to work with me and my plans. He gave me a price of 7,500 and guaranteed me that it would be complete within 2 weeks. I gave him a deposit to start the job, he came without the quality of materials we discussed and only worked for 3 hours at a time each day and left. He did this for 2 weeks without working weekends. He repeatedly demanded more portions of the total agreed price daily and in cash. Every time I gave Reon another portion he didn't show up for days. He was rude and kept asking for more money to buy materials even though the amount of money I gave him exceeded double the amount of materials he purchased. He also refused to show me any receipts. I called him and texted him repeatedly begging him to please come and finish when he stopped showing up. He still hasn't showed up for 7 days at this point although he sends texts saying he is on his way. He ignores all of my calls and text messages asking to please tell me when he will return to complete the job. I now have given him a total $4,500 and have $1200 worth of materials and a project that's only 25% finished. He has left all his garbage and scrap materials out in my driveway for the entire time, a lot of it just thrown against my garage door. My neighbors have complained repeatedly about the mess. His intention the whole time was to do as little work as possible collect as much money as possible and NOT COME BACK TO COMPLETE THE JOB!! DO NOT HIRE REON OR HIS FRAUDULENT CONTRACTING COMPANY.
NEVER EVER GIVE HIM CASH!! GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!! IF YOU HIRE A CONTRACTOR FROM HOME DEPOT FOR ANY PROJECT MAKE SURE REON IS NOT DOING THE WORK, HE DOES NOT DO THE JOB HE IS HIRED TO DO, HE USES CHEAP MATERIALS AND GIVES YOU AN ISSUE WHEN YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE GETTING FOR THE MONEY YOU PAID. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST, UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE, AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE!!!! I DONT WANT HIM TO WALK OFF ANYONE ELSES PAID JOB EVER AGAIN!!! I will be pursuing this this in the fullest extent of the law since Reon is refusing to return to complete my job as more unhappy customers have came forward since I posted about my horrible experience with Reon from custom built contractors.
I'm attaching some photos of the horrible quality cement work he did in my garage.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
You May Also Like
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "Bob's is on their 7th attempt to get my bedroom set order straight; an order from Dec 22nd 2010 no less. Not only has each delivery guy not been..."
- "My first Bad review EVER!! (Aug. 14)I recently contacted the ltw extensions hair company about a deep wave frontal. I was told there was a deep wave frontal on hand,..."
- "I bought a case of chicken noodle condensed soup and in it was water ..... This is mind blown believe how i get my money or my can of soup..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."